Simple Monkfish Recipe
|Simple Monkfish Recipe Ingredients:|
- 2 lb thick monkfish fillets - about 1½ -2inches
- 10 Garlic Cloves - coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Softened Butter
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 9 tablespoons Vinegar
Time: 45 min
|Simple Monkfish Recipe Instructions:|
Use half the butter to coat a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the fish in a single layer, and sprinkle with the garlic and thyme.
Lay monkfish fillets on the herbs and dot with the remaining butter.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes, and then add 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
Now bake and baste twice more until all the vinegar is used. Then bake for another 5 to 15 minutes, basting every 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque.
Strain the sauce through a sieve, using a wooden spoon to push the garlic through the screening.
|Simple Monkfish Recipe Cooking Time & Tips:|
- For cooking times please see above.
- Remember to only add a little salt to fish dishes
- If required, serve with your choice of sauce
|Simple Monkfish Recipe Serving Instructions & Ideas:|
- Serve with your choice of vegetables
- Fish generally goes well with white wine
- A healthy alternative to meat dishes
Fish Recipes Index